PAID INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE: SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRACTED ARTIST
Days: 1 day per week, Monday
Hours: 3 hours/day, 10am-1pm
Wage: $25 / hour
Reports to: Program Director
Contract Period: 3 months
The Enrichment Center (EC) provides a visual and performing arts program of studios, workshops, and community options, for adult artists with developmental disabilities. From 9am to 2pm, Monday through Friday, 12 months per year, the EC Artists and Staff are engaged in study and practice in visual and performing arts. The EC is a community care licensed adult day program, located on the 3rd floor of the Multicultural Arts Center in downtown Merced, the EC is a vendor for CVRC.
The Social Media Intern provides direct care and supervision for enrolled artists, while facilitating artist engagement with Social Media. The Social Media Contracted Artist will be part of a cohesive team of experienced artists; teaching and mentoring other experienced artists who have developmental disabilities. The Social Media Contracted Artist is responsible for social media documentation of activities in the Visual and Performing Art Studios, keeping social media outreach posts up to date with program activities, coordinating and promoting program events through program’s social media pages.
The EC Artists work in a variety mediums and performance. At minimum, to qualify for this internship, the candidate will have demonstrable experience with some of the following:
- Social media posts related to art and artists.
- Photographing or Video recording content.
- Creating engaging posts, images and videos for social media.
- Promotional Marketing.
*Ideal candidates will have experience from sharing their own artwork or from previous profession, small business or non-profit.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU WILL DEVELOP
- Promotional Marketing at a Day Program Setting.
- Media documentation of day activities.
- Instruction of Social Media and Marketing.
- Understanding varying experiences, and problem-solving barriers.
- Developing basic leadership skills—making decisions, communicating effectively, and taking responsibility.
- Greater understanding of human behavior, as well as observation and documentation skills.
- Direct Care skills such as emergency preparedness and first response.
- Working with a team of creative people, each one with specific skills, all with the same mission.
- Providing mentoring, support, and guidance in Social Media.
- Update ECArtists website.
- Project 1: Update EC Artists profiles on website.
- Occasionally Instructing Introductory Social Media Workshops.
- Work with EC staff to provide direct care and supervision at all times.
- Work with EC staff to maintain a clean and organized studio.
- Share tasks.
- Document observations and complete paperwork.
- Report to Program Director for assignments and planning.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Ability to fulfill assignments as the Social Media Contracted Artist:
- Posting on all platforms.
- Planning and scheduling posts for the week.
- Ability to photograph/video record.
- Punctuality, reliable attendance, with an absence of self-distraction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional, ethical, and honest, treating artists and team, with respect and patience.
- Works cooperatively with team, and takes responsibility for tasks, assigned or standing.
- Good sense of humor, with ability to laugh at self.
- Compliance with Policies & Procedures.
- Takes direction; Excellent comprehension and execution of direction.
- Active observational skills.
- Takes initiative; Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Does NOT create drama or instigate negative behavior.
- Upon accepting the position, provide health screening and negative tuberculosis (tb) test result (paid/reimbursed by EC).
- Upon accepting the position, pass criminal background check (paid/reimbursed by EC).
Please send resume and cover letter as PDF attachments to Director@ECArtists.com using Social Media Intern in the subject line. If applying by mail use address in the header above.
Email confirmation upon receiving complete application. You may receive a portfolio request at that time. With enough qualified applicants, we hope to begin review and selection of candidates for interview as early as mid-May 2023.
 If you have ANY misdemeanors, felonies, or convictions, other than minor traffic violations, you will NOT pass the background check. If you withhold this information during the hiring process, and/or your background check prompts requirement for an exemption, the internship will be rescinded and offered to another candidate.